Downstream (Chemicals and Polymers)
TCGR/TCG has been deeply involved with chemicals and plastics for almost 4 decades. We understand each process value chain from feedstock->pretreatment-> catalytic production->separation and purification to end product. Moreover, we have DIALOG GROUP® experts who have run these plants in Fortune 500 companies and been called upon to fix field challenges and offer operational experience others cannot match.
In the years to come, TCG/TCGR sees robust growth forecasts for chemicals and polymers with two major trends of importance: (1) the rapid growth of p-xylene/PTA in China, as they bring on new aromatics capacity, becoming self-sufficient in p-xylene; and (2) the massive wall of North American ethane crackers that have or are planned to come on stream between 2020-2022. Most of this is targeted towards polyethylene (LDPE, LLDPE, and HDPE), with some ethylene derivatives. There are also important and growing interests in natural gas to chemicals, bolstered by significant supply and lower prices in the longer term. This has rekindled R&D in C1 chemistry, particularly towards direct conversion to olefins and methanol. Circularity in plastics, including recycling, is also of increasing importance.
The Downstream (Chemicals & Polymers) markets are diverse and fragmented, but TCG/TCGR has always and will continue to provide timely and insightful dialogue to help clients remain competitive in the changing landscape. For more information and to see the breadth of offerings on these topics, see our reports below:
- The Separations Report – 2019: Commercial, Technical and R&D Assessment in Refining, Petrochemical/Syngas, Natural Gas and Industrial Gases
- The Separations Report: Commercial, Technical and R&D Assessment in Refining, Petrochemical/Syngas, Natural Gas and Industrial Gases
- Membranes in Separations: Commercial Advances in Refinery, Petrochemical/Chemical and Industrial Gases Applications
- Advances in Syngas Production: Catalyst and Process Developments Update
- Progress in Technology for Polyolefins Production III
- Polyolefin (PO) Catalysts & Processes: Technological and Commercial Impacts on PE and PP, 2015-2025
- Polyolefin Catalysts and Processes: Competitive Implications of Industry Consolidation
- Advances in On-Purpose Olefin Technology for Mono- and Di-Olefins
- Advances in Olefin Co-monomer and Polyolefin Production
- The Middle East Catalyst Market: Technologies, Applications and Opportunities
- The Asia-Pacific Catalyst Industry: Markets, Technologies and Manufacturers
- Unconventional Catalytic Olefins Production II: Technological Evaluation and Commercial Assessment